Friday, May 15, 2015

I have an engine

I posted an ad on Scoot.net looking for a wide frame engine which would fit in the VL1T.   I have also ordered a mounting bracket from SIP which helps fit a more modern large frame engine so I will have options to go either way.

I had several people respond to the ad on Scoot.net but most of the engines were pretty bad and really came down to a set of cases with everything else being very questionable.  The I heard from Tom who is a scooter guy in IL.  He had an old wide frame engine from an early Allstate which seemed to be in decent condition and had most of the parts.  Sure it will need an overhaul but it serves as a good starting point.

Tom was great to work with and I got the engine shipped for $300.  It will be a while before I start to dive in to that portion of the project but I have a starting point.  Here are some photos of the engine which Tom provided.  I will include many more when the rebuild process begins.

Total cost so far $1273



No comments:

Post a Comment